Important Billing Dates - Spring 2017
|12-14-16||Ebill notification is sent by email. Students are required to log onto their student portal to view and pay bill. Paper bills are never mailed.|
Spring term due date.
|1-4-17||Credit Balance Refunded (excludes first time borrowers).|
Last day to drop at 100% refund of tuition charges.
|1-23-17||1098-T has been issued. Please see the below information on TAX CREDIT|
|3-23-17||Last day to drop with a "W" for full term.|
*$50 late fee assessed after each month balance is past due.
Student Account Information
Receiving and Paying Your Bill
- Billing Schedule
- Billing, Designating an Authorized User, & Payment Information
- Payment Processing
- Unpaid Account Balance Prevents Registration
- Instructions on How To Sign Up For a Payment Plan
- How Refunds are Calculated
- Signing Up for Direct Deposit for Refunds
- Important Dates (Last day to withdraw and receive a refund)
Tuition & Fee Information
Policies & Procedures
- E-mail Policies & Procedures
- Tuition Refund Policy
- Electronic Check Conversion
- Notice of Credit Card Payment Changes
Collection Department (Past Due Not Currently Enrolled)
Students with outstanding balances at the end of the term or who withdraw during the term and have a balance owing are subject to the following collection actions:
- Registration and Transcript service blocks prevent students from obtaining their grades, and transcripts.
- Students enrolled in future terms may be subject to having their classes administratively canceled for non-payment of their previous balance.
- YSU will attempt to contact the student via e-mail, letters, and calls. If we are unable to establish an In-House payment plan, the account will be turned over to the Ohio Attorney General as required by state law. Once an account is turned over to the Ohio Attorney General fees (10% AG fee, 3% Interest, 21% Collection Agency Fee, 25% Special Counsel Fee) will be added to the balance due depending on the actions necessary to collect the debt due the University. All payment arrangements must be made through their office.
- Once in collections with the Ohio Attorney General, under no circumstances may a student be allowed to obtain a transcript or enroll at the University until the entire balance due is paid in full. In addition, the student will now be considered a pre-pay and must pre-pay for all future terms enrolled.
- YSU will report the outstanding debt to the major credit bureaus.
In-House payment arrangements
Students with outstanding balances have the option of making payment arrangements with YSU which will keep the account from being reported to the Ohio Attorney General.
- In-House payment arrangement will suspend collection activity as long as the student continues to honor a mutually agreeable payment plan.
- The In-House payment plan is serviced through Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI). ECSI will bill and accept payments on behalf of YSU.
- YSU will not report the outstanding debt to the major credit bureaus as long as the student continues to honor a mutually agreeable payment plan.
- Three consecutively missed payments will result in the account being turned over to the Ohio Attorney General
ECSI: Past Due Not Currently Enrolled ONLY
To access your account at ECSI - login using the following information:
In-House Payment Arrangements Only (for Perkins information see link on the right).
School Code: RX | Account #: Your nine (9) digit SSN | PIN #.
Please call ECSI at 1-888-549-3274 to obtain your user name and pin number
Contact Information: (collection only all others please call our main line at (330) 941.3133)
YSU Collection Department: (330) 941-3704 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio Attorney General: (888) 665-5440
ECSI - (888) 549-3274
* Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader
Youngstown State University
Office of University Bursar
One University Plaza
Youngstown, OH 44555
Student One Stop
Cashier Window Hours: Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Credit Card Acceptance (PCI Compliance)
- Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Parking Services
- Student One Stop
This tool allows students to estimate tuition, including room/board, for the academic term of their choice. Students can select to view a tuition estimate by semester or academic year.