Mission: To promote and protect the integrity of Youngstown State University and add value to its operations by providing risk-based, independent and objective assurance, advice, and insight.
- Enhance the effectiveness of University operations, internal controls, and risk management processes
- Promote the efficient use of resources in alignment with University strategic priorities
- Promote compliance with laws, regulations, and University policy
- Promote best practices and sustainable improvements in the University’s processes
- Foster an inclusive culture of continuous quality improvement
- Provide insight and information to support the functions of the audit subcommittee, senior leaderships, other stakeholders
- Demonstrate Integrity – Internal Audit contributes to the ethical objectives of the University. Internal Audit performs its work with honesty, diligence, responsibility, and a commitment to professional competence.
- Foster Collaboration – Internal Audit fosters collaboration among and with University stakeholders in the pursuit of the University’s mission and objectives.
- Promote Continuous Improvement – Internal Audit promotes continuous improvement across the University, including in Internal Audit’s operations.
- Maintain Independence and Objectivity – Internal audit maintains and protects its professional objectivity and is not unduly influenced by its own interests or by others.