|Associate Professor, Department of Communication &
Associate Dean, College of Creative Arts & Communication
- Curnalia, R., Wecht, C., & Ferris, A. (2014). Becoming a critic: An introduction to analyzing media content. Dubuque, IA: Kendall Hunt.
- Horvath, C. W., & Finucane, M. O. (2009). Women’s shared viewing of The Bachelor: General motivations and perceptions. In J. Lancioni (Ed.), Fix me up: Essays on television dating and makeover shows. (pp. 43-55). Jefferson, NC: McFarland.
- Hugenberg, L., Horvath, C. W., Wallace, S., & Yoder, D. (2005). Creating Competent Communication (4th ed.) Dubuque, IA, Kendall/Hunt.
- Horvath, C. W. (2004). Measuring television addiction. Journal of Broadcasting & Electronic Media, 48, 378-398.
- Media Use and Effects
- Interpersonal Communication
- YSU Distinguished Professor Award for Excellence in Public Service, (2007, April).
- Athena Award Nominee. Spring, 2010
- Phi Kappa Phi, YSU. Inducted Spring, 2009.
- Top-three paper in mass communication (2004, April). Married couples’ television coviewing and relationship satisfaction. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Eastern Communication Association, Boston, MA.