|Assistant Professor in the Department of Communication.
His education includes:
His recent publications include:
- Curnalia, R., Mermer, D., & Tyus, J. (2011). Recognizing the Struggles of Local Political Campaigns: A Call for a Revolution in Media Coverage of Local Politics. Ohio Communication Journal, Volume 49, pp. 83-99.
- Earnheardt, A. C., & Tyus, J. L. (2011). Cleveland Indians. Encyclopedia of Sports Management and Marketing. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Tyus, J. L., & Earnheardt, A. C. (2011). Cleveland Browns. Encyclopedia of Sports Management and Marketing. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.
- Tyus, J. (2008) Test Bank for Grice and Skinner’s Mastering Public Speaking: The Handbook. Allyn and Bacon; Boston, MA.
- Zimmerman, K., Disbrow, L., Tyus, J. & Bodary, D. (2002) Effective Speaking I: COM 211 Student Course Pac. International Thompson Publishing.
His Research Interests include:
- Cultural studies, especially as it relates to intercultural and gender communication
- Media studies
- Media and public relations
- Sports communication and fandom
His awards include:
- Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Diversity Award, Mentor Recognition, January 21, 2010.
- Awarded a professional development grant of $3500 to explore Italian culture through the Community Colleges of International Development (CCID) program.
- Maiden Invitation Award—Outstanding Faculty Member, Furman University, May 3, 2000