Journalism Specific Scholarships
The Lawrence P. and Garnet Anderson Scholarship in Journalism
(Up to $4,000 per semester)
Awarded to freshmen, sophomore or junior with great passion for the discipline.
The Chuck Housteau Memorial Scholarship in Journalism
Awarded to a junior or senior with a 3.0 grade point average.
The Robert Hare Writing Awards
Two Robert R. Hare Writing Awards for Distinction in Journalistic Writing will be offered this year. The awards come with a cash prize. The awards were established by Dr. Mary Virginia Hare in memory of her late husband, Robert R. Hare, a distinguished member of the English Department faculty and former Jambar adviser at Youngstown State University.
The Awards will go to two full-time undergraduate students at YSU who have demonstrated distinction in journalistic writing. In honor of Robert Hare’s contributions to The Jambar, special considerations for one of the awards will be given to work published in The Jambar.
- Ann and Jerome Schmerin Scholarship
- David S. Ives Humanities Scholarship
- Dorothy Zola Greenberger Memorial Scholarship
- Hogue Family Writing Scholarship
- Joseph E. Smith Scholarship
- Reverend Martin Luther King and Coretta Scott King Testament of Hope Scholarship
- Robert W. Peterson Scholarship
- Rose and Frank Bernard Scholarship
Radio Television Digital News Association is offering scholarships for students pursuing careers in radio, television, or online news.