Our Focus is On You - Apply Today!
College Credit Plus Instructor Scholarship
- Current YSU graduate student OR a new or returning student admitted to the College of Graduate Studies for the summer 2015 semester **
- Instructor of a College Credit Plus course (Verification by the Metro Credit office is required.)
- Enrolling in YSU graduate level courses in the summer 2015 semester
- $333 per credit hour for instructional fees of graduate level courses (3-6 semester hours)
- All other fees remain the responsibility of the student.
- Courses must count towards the College Credit Plus content area requirements.
- Courses must be taken for a grade.
Applying for the Scholarship
- You must be a current student or apply for admission and have all necessary application materials submitted to the College of Graduate Studies by April 16, 2015.**
- Apply for the College Credit Plus Instructor Scholarship by April 16, 2015
Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis using the date of the scholarship application until funds are exhausted. Recipients will be notified by email.
- In order to receive this scholarship you must respond to the email notification and register for appropriate graduate summer classes by May 4, 2015.
- If you receive a graduate assistantship or the Graduate Scholarship you are ineligible for this scholarship.
Graduate scholarships are available from the College of Graduate Studies for new graduate students accepted into a YSU graduate degree program. To be considered, new students must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above. All undergraduate coursework for the earned bachelor’s degree will be included in determining the GPA.
Each scholarship is renewable for up to 6 semesters if the student maintains a 3.0 graduate GPA and completes a minimum of 6 semester hours of graduate courses each fall and spring semester. Students receiving graduate assistantships or the College Credit Plus Instructor scholarship are ineligible for the Graduate Scholarship.
No scholarship application is required; however, this scholarship is competitive and will be distributed according to GPA until the allocation for each program is met. Students should apply for admission early as funds are limited. The award process begins in April for the following academic year.
The College of Graduate Studies supports the April 15th Resolution Regarding Graduate Scholars, Fellows, Trainees and Assistants of the Council of Graduate Schools. The resolution is available at: http://www.cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution .
Amount: $500 - $1,000 to be credited toward the instructional fee each fall and spring semester if renewal requirements are met
Contact: College of Graduate Studies, 330-941-3091
Apply for Graduation
Last date to apply for Spring 2015 graduation with late fee.
Last date to apply for Summer 2015 graduation and participate in Spring commencement
03/31/15 and 04/09/15
Thesis and Dissertation submission process sessions