Our Focus is On You - Apply Today!
Apply for Graduation
06/24/15 and 07/14/15
Thesis and Dissertation submission process sessions
College Credit Plus Instructor Scholarship
- Current YSU graduate student OR a new or returning student admitted to the College of Graduate Studies
- Instructor of a College Credit Plus course (Verification by the Metro Credit office is required.)
- Enrolling in YSU graduate level courses
- $333 per credit hour for instructional fees of graduate level courses (3-6 semester hours per semester)
- All other fees remain the responsibility of the student.
- Courses must count towards the College Credit Plus content area requirements and be taken for a grade.
Applying for the Scholarship
- If you are not a current YSU graduate student you should apply for admission or readmission at www.ysu.edu/gradcollege and have all necessary application materials submitted to the College of Graduate Studies at least one month prior to the beginning of the semester in which you plan to enroll.
- Apply for the College Credit Plus Instructor Scholarship on the College of Graduate Studies website at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/12pG1sAjLA-zJqHgsdDzvG9ezbDcHtubVbfUxtyZjLkY/viewform.
Receiving the Scholarship
- Register for appropriate graduate courses early and notify Karla Krodel in the Metro Credit office at email@example.com that you have done so.
Scholarships will be awarded on a first-come first-served basis using the date of the scholarship application until funds are exhausted. Recipients will be notified by email.
If you receive a graduate assistantship or the Graduate Scholarship you are ineligible for this scholarship.
Graduate scholarships are available from the College of Graduate Studies for new graduate students accepted into a YSU graduate degree program. To be considered, new students must have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above. All undergraduate coursework for the earned bachelor’s degree will be included in determining the GPA.
Each scholarship is renewable for up to 6 semesters if the student maintains a 3.0 graduate GPA and completes a minimum of 6 semester hours of graduate courses each fall and spring semester. Students receiving graduate assistantships or the College Credit Plus Instructor scholarship are ineligible for the Graduate Scholarship.
No scholarship application is required; however, this scholarship is competitive and will be distributed according to GPA until the allocation for each program is met. Students should apply for admission early as funds are limited. The award process begins in April for the following academic year.
The College of Graduate Studies supports the April 15th Resolution Regarding Graduate Scholars, Fellows, Trainees and Assistants of the Council of Graduate Schools. The resolution is available at: http://www.cgsnet.org/april-15-resolution .
Amount: $500 - $1,000 to be credited toward the instructional fee each fall and spring semester if renewal requirements are met
Contact: College of Graduate Studies, 330-941-3091
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader