Online Tutoring Sessions
The Math Assistance Center will be running live virtual tutoring sessions for some of our supported courses. Support for additional courses may be added periodically so please check this site often for updates, or visit our Center for additional information.
To enroll in each live session you will need to access the appropriate class link (see table below) through a web browser from a laptop or desktop computer.
Note: You will not be able to view these sessions from a phone/tablet. Each session can support up to 25 attendees. If a class is full when you login, please try again on an alternate day.
Joining an Online Session
- Before you can join a live session, make sure you have the latest version of either Mozilla FireFox or Google Chrome installed, along with the latest updates for Adobe Flash.
- If you are a Windows user and would like a smooth experience, we reccomend that you download the free WIZ IQ app.
- Once you have completed steps one and two, click on the appropriate link in the table to access the live session. The complete list of classes can be found here. Note: Online sessions are currently unavailable.
- For best results, we recommend using a headset with microphone and audio capabilities.
- If you have a question during the session, you may type your question in the chat box on the bottom right of the screen. You may also click on the hand raise icon in the top right task bar to get the presenter's attention. Be patient! The presenter will address your question at an appropriate time.
- From time to time, the presenter may also enable your microphone so you can ask any question(s) you may have.
- We recommend that you mute your microphone when joining a session - this will help prevent audio feedback.
- If you experience technical difficulties, please email email@example.com indicating your problem along with a phone number you can be reached on.
Note: These sessions are recorded and uploaded to the Web within 72 hours to allow students to review the material as needed, by clicking on any of the session links below you consent to the recording of each live session. Each session is run by a YSU MAC Staff member.
LINCOLN BUILDING: 4TH Floor, Room 408
HOURS OF OPERATION
MONDAY-THURSDAY: 9 AM - 6 PM
FRIDAY: 9 AM - 3 PM
PHONE: (330) 941-3274