---FOR FACULTY USE ONLY---
** To ensure the university is billed properly for Quality Matters Training you must contact Patty LaPresta in the Office of Distance Education to complete the registration process and receive the required workbook. Please do not register for any QM course on your own. Patty can be reached at x1516 or by e-mail .
PLEASE NOTE: The Office of Distance Education will cover the expense of the workshop and required materials the first time you register for a workshop. If you do not attend the workshop the materials must be returned to the Office of Distance Education. Should you need to cancel your attendance you must notify Patty LaPresta two days prior to the start of the workshop.
Training Currently Offered at YSU
- DE Community Monthly Meeting:
Topic: Online Orientation, April 24, 2018, 3:00pm-4:00pm (Room 3301, Williamson). Light refreshments will be served.
- An online accessibility course is currently available for those who utilize the Learning Management System (LMS). For more information, please email the Instructional Design & Development Center in the Office of Distance Education.
Upcoming Training Offered at other Locations in Ohio
- APPQMR (Applying the Quality Matters Rubric) Workshop, May 8, 2018. This is a one-day workshop being held at the University of Findlay **
Training Offered Online
- The DE Office has an institutional membership with the Online Learning Consortium. If you would like to set up an account affiliated with YSU please e-mail Patty LaPresta for information.
- Accessibility in Distance Education: Issues for a New Administration- DVD available for viewing (contact Patty LaPresta)
- How to use Microsoft Office 0365 Calendar Feature.
- 508 Compliance Webinar (copywritten by Blackboard, all rights reserved)
- Wikis, Blogs, Discussion Boards and Journal Webinar (copywritten by Blackboard, all rights reserved)
- Blackboard Accessibility Training Resources. Enroll in this self-paced course, Universal Design and Accessibility for Online Learning, available through CourseSites, for guidance in building courses that are accessible. Click Self-Enroll.
- Managing Instructor Presence in the Online Classroom - DVD available for viewing (contact Patty LaPresta)
- Creating a Culture of Acceptance for Online Education - DVD available for viewing (contact Patty LaPresta)