Employees who are voluntarily leaving the university should provide reasonable notice and indicate their resignation in writing to their immediate supervisor.
- In advance of formally submitting a letter of resignation, it is advised that employees discuss their intent with their immediate supervisor.
- Employees shall send a formal letter of resignation to their supervisor, with copies to the Provost or appropriate Vice President and the Office of Human Resources.
- Classified Civil Service staff members are expected to provide a minimum two-week written notice of resignation / retirement to the Office of Human Resources.
- Upon receipt of the letter of resignation, the Office of Human Resources will prepare the Record of Separation Form officially accepting the resignation / retirement and provide notice to the appropriate departments, units, and offices of the impending resignation.
- The employee who is resigning should participate in an exit survey.
- The Office of Human Resources will process all resignations and authorize any payment of vacation benefit applicable.
- The final payroll check will be released approximately 30 days following the date of separation pending audits and the clearance of all applicable offices and the return of all University property.
The employee's supervising authority is responsible for completing the Exit Separation/Transfer Checklist prior to the employee's last day of employment due to transfer or separation of employment. This form will assist with ensuring any outstanding university-related items have been returned or processed.