"The University is committed to a campus environment that values all individuals and groups, and to non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all persons. No member of the University community shall discriminate against another on the basis of sex, race, religion, color, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or identification as a disabled and/or veteran / military status. Retaliation against an individual seeking advice on a discrimination matter, reporting a discriminatory act, or participating in an investigation of the proceedings of a discrimination matter is prohibited. The University is also committed to the principles of equal opportunity and acts in accordance with state and federal laws."
Resolution Number: YR 2000-39
Search Committee Overview
Search committee members should familiarize themselves with the Search Committee Procedures.
Compliance Training in Blackboard
Search Committee members must also complete Search Committee Compliance Training found in Blackboard before serving on a committee. If you do not have a YSU email address, please contact Training & Development for instructions.
The certificate obtained after successfully completing Search Committee Training will enable you to serve on a committee up to one year from the completion date on the certificate. After one year you must re-certify by completing the course and quiz again.
- Self-enroll in the Search Committee Blackboard course.
- Review the PowerPoint presentation within the course.
- Complete the quiz.
- Obtain your certificate of completion.
- Give a copy of your certificate to the search committee chair.
Applicant Tracking System
The Applicant Tracking for Search Committees (13.48) training video describes the features of the online applicant tracking system, People Admin. Review the video to understand how to use People Admin during your search. For optimal results, use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer web browsers. Access the search committee portal using the link below.
For optimal results, use Google Chrome or Internet Explorer web browsers.
- Click the link below to view the video then press play to begin.
- Each video has a Table of Contents. Click the Table of Contents icon to view or remove it from the page.
- Click the full screen icon to enlarge the page or adjust the volume by clicking .
- Close your browser window to return to this page.
Forms & Guides
Search Chair Checklist
- Equal Opportunity and Policy Development: Search Committee Forms
- Effective January 1st, requests for interview shall be made using the Applicant Tracking System only. Please see further instruction to Move Applicants within the Workflow from Under Review by Department / Committee to Not Selected for Interview or Interview Requested.
- Faculty Search Committee Rating Template
- Classified Hiring Process Overview
- Classified Search Committee Rating Template
- Online Hiring Procedures
- Professional / Administrative Hiring Process Overview
- Professional / Administrative Search Committee Rating Template
Search Committee Portal
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader