OF FACULTY PERFORMANCE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR CHAIRPERSON
- Please remind faculty members that they have the right to consult with you before you complete your section(s). (See Article 14.6 of the YSU/YSU-OEA Agreement).
- Review the Official Personnel File of the faculty member (available in the Office of Human Resources, Tod Hall, Room 359) and, if applicable, consult with the chairperson of the academic department in which the faculty member is cross-appointed.
- Complete Parts III thru VIII (pages 7 - 9) of the evaluation form.
- Page 8 requests that you describe and document strengths or weaknesses of the faculty member, and Page 9 requires recommendations and optional comments. Each area will allow approximately 1-2 paragraphs of text. If you wish to include more data than what will fit on these pages, please include it as a separate document and inset it behind the appropriate page once you have printed the online pages. Be sure to note "See Attached" at the bottom of the online page for which you are inserting additional pages.
- When you have completed Parts III thru VIII, print the pages (Keep in mind that, depending upon the version of Adobe Acrobat you have, you may not be able to "save" your data.
- Sign your name and record the date at the bottom of Page 9.
- Combine parts III thru VIII with parts I and II completed by the faculty member and return the document to the faculty member for his/her review.
- The faculty member will complete Part IX (optional comments), sign Page 10, and return the evaluation to you.
- Collect all evaluations from your faculty and sign your name on Page 10 to clarify that you have read any optional comments and verify that the faculty member has signed the evaluation form in all the required areas. Please keep a copy for your files.
- Forward all the evaluations to the dean for review BY April 30.
This completes your requirements for the Chairperson Evaluation of Faculty Performance process. After the dean has completed his/her section of each evaluation, they will be forwarded to Human Resources for further processing. The original evaluation document will be placed in the faculty member's Official Personnel File.
Any comments you may have about the online process would be greatly appreciated. Please submit your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you.