PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY REGISTERED STUDENTS CAN LOG-IN TO SIMPLICITY IN ORDER TO REGISTER A STUDENT ORGANIZATION. ADVISORS WILL NOT BE ABLE TO ACCESS THE SYSTEM THROUGH THAT LINK, HOWEVER, ONCE AN ORGANIZATION IS UP-AND-GOING THEN ADVISORS WILL BE SENT A LINK IN ORDER TO ACCESS AND VIEW THE GROUP.
If you are re-registering a Club Sport, you must first check in with Tessa Padilla, Coordinator of Club Sports and Camps, Campus Recreation at (330) 941-2239.
All student organizations wishing to remain affiliated with the University for the 2016-2017 academic year will need to re-register during the month of May 2016. Re-registration must be completed on-line through the YSU Portal.
To access the Symplicity System and re-register your organization, use the steps below:
- To begin the process, go to login to your YSU Portal.
- Once there, under “e-Services” to the left, click on the “Student Organizations” link.
- A new tab will open and then you will automatically be in the Symplicity system.
- Under “Getting Started” on the right hand side, click on “Group Reactivation.”
- Find the Group you are Reactivating and click “Apply to reactivate the Group.”
- Once there the screen prompts you to enter the reactivation code. To obtain your password contact Carrie Anderson in the Student Activities Office at (330) 941-3575.
- Your application will be there and you will have to:
- Verify - Check the Group Information and update any changes that have been made to the listed information.
- Members - Select all members you want to retain by highlighting them. Hold the Ctrl button down as you click to select multiple names.
- a. You can also add additional members to replace positions.
- Advisor- Select your advisor to retain them or add a new one to replace the old one. Make sure you highlight the name.
- Retain Information - To retain all group notes, links, documents and photos, please select "YES" by all questions. If you do not you will lose the entire group's current information. You must retain your Constitution and Bylaws to complete registration.
- Annual Reporting Information - Required by all student organizations to show what you have done in past years. Please complete the required fields.
- Terms and Conditions - Check the box to agree to the Student Organizations Guide information before clicking Submit.
For a screen by screen guide, see the .PDF file below. Reactivation instructions are located on page 13 of the .PDF file.
For questions regarding completion of the forms, please contact Carrie Anderson at 330-941-4702 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF YOUR OFFICERS CHANGE MID-SEMESTER:
Changing of the Guard
As the new officer, change the positions to your roster in Symplicity by updating each member’s record. Once the changes have been made, please email the Student Activities Office at email@example.com . If you are not an Admin of the group and need your status updated call (330) 941-3575 to request the change.