Most Promising New Campus Organization
Purpose: Recognizes a newly registered student organization exhibiting initiative in organizational development and strong potential to contribute to the quality of life as a recognized student organization at Youngstown State University. Established a positive presence within the University and/or in the surrounding community. Collaborated with other student organizations and/or University departments.
This award is given to an organization registered during the 2016-17 academic year that displays outstanding effort based on the following criteria:
- Contribution to the overall YSU community (i.e., students, staff, faculty, programs)
- Contribution to the community through service projects
- Contribution to the development of its members
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization's purpose and those served by it
- Communication with related YSU departments and other student organizations
Selection: The Nova Award will be awarded by the Student Awards Committee based upon application materials submitted.
- What has this organization done to positively impact student life on campus this year?
- Why does this organization deserve the New Student Organization of the Year award?
- Please describe some specific examples of the successes and challenges this organization has experienced since its founding.
PAST NOVA RECIPIENTS
2018 Barbershop Chorus of YSU
2017 Pi Sigma Alpha
2016 Pi Sigma Epsilon
2014 Minority Education Association
2013 Youngstown State Famine