For Outstanding YSU Student Organization
Purpose: The Orion Award recognizes an exceptional student organization for its outstanding leadership and service to the university community during the current academic year.
- Nominees must be currently registered YSU student organizations.
- Nominees will have demonstrated success in the accomplishment of their goals and objectives.
- Nominees will have an outstanding record of service to and inclusion of the university community.
Selection: The Student Awards Committee selects the student organization to be awarded the Orion Award from the applications and materials submitted.
- What contribution to the university community has this organization made through its programs and activities during the past year?
- How has the organization encouraged diverse groups to participate in their activities?
- Describe the key characteristics that make this organization outstanding. Support the characteristics with actual examples.
- Provide a portfolio (collection of representative materials and information) of the organization’s accomplishments for this academic year.
PAST ORION RECIPIENTS
2017 Sigma Alpha Epsilon
2015 Urban Gaming Club
2013 YSU Pharmacy Association
2012 BSW Student Social Work Association
2011 Zeta Tau Alpha Sorority
2010 Student African American Brotherhood
2009 Student Organization for Respiratory Care
2008 African Student Union
2007 Student Recreation Advisory Committee
2006 Student Recreation Advisory Committee
2005 Youngstown Student Education Association
2004 Youngstown Environmental Studies Society
2003 Executive Council
2002 Student Programming Board
2002 Sigma Alpha Epsilon
2001 Sigma Tau Gamma
2000 The Centurians
2000 Kappa Delta Pi
1999 Sigma Alpha Epsilon