For Outstanding Campus Leaders Application
This Application requires one to three references. Please email the link for your references Reference Form
Purpose: The Hirsch-Satrum Leadership Scholarship is named in honor of Phil Hirsch and K.J. Satrum both of whom were involved in founding Kilcawley Center and expanding student services and activities. This scholarship was established to recognize their commitment to and support of YSU’s student leaders. In the 1980s they instituted the original Arby’s Leadership Scholarship, in partnership with the campus food service vendor for nearly three decades. The following students will receive $600 toward their fall tuition, courtesy of Chartwells.
- Candidates must have demonstrated leadership, character and integrity in their participation in YSU campus life.
- Candidates must be planning to attend YSU for the upcoming year.
- Nominated students must be current, full-time undergraduate students in good standing.
- Reference(s) from faculty/staff advisor (minimum one, maximum three, photocopy attached reference form if additional copies are needed).
Selection: Students will be selected for the Hirsch-Satrum Leadership Scholarship by the Student Awards Committee. The selection is based on the completed attached application including input from faculty/staff advisors listed as references.
- Please list the organizations, your positions (months/years), and your accomplishments within the organization.
- Write a paragraph or two describing how the experience of being a student leader has enhanced your personal growth and enriched your overall college experience. Limit of 500 words.