This guide describes how to install and activate a Total Academic Headcount (TAH) Student license at your university.
The TAH Student license allows students to install MathWorks software on their personally-owned computers.
This guide includes detailed instructions for both administrators and students.
Deployment of a Student License
This Deployment method allows all students to install MathWorks software on individual computers.
Students: Download the Installer
- Create a MathWorks Account using your university email address: mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do
- Go to https://www.mathworks.com/academia/tah-portal/youngstown-state-university-40588590.html
Click the download button for the current release.
Click the installer button to download the installer
Students: Install and Activate
- Locate the installer you downloaded in a file browser. It should be located in the default download location, unless you specified another location. The name of the installer file is:
- Windows: matlab_<release>_win64.exe
- Mac OS X: matlab_<release>_maci64.zip
- Start the installer:
- Windows: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. The Windows Self-Extractor runs, and then the installer starts.
- Mac OS X: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. This actions extracts the files and creates another folder called matlab_<release>_maci64, where <release> represents the release number. Insider this folder, double-click InstallForMaxOSX to start the installer.
- In the MathWorks installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do, select the license you want to use.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
- When asked to provide a user name, verify that the displayed user name is correct. Continue with the process until activation is complete.