The mission of the Comprehensive Testing Center is to provide institutional, national, graduate and professional level examinations to students and non-students in a professional, secure and accessible environment that supports academic success.
A) The Comprehensive Testing Center supports the University’s mission to place students at its center. We work to accomplish this mission by:
- Providing and proctoring a variety of academic tests for both students and non-students.
- Ensuring that placement exams are available on a flexible basis for all students.
- Serving as a resource for students seeking to take the ACT, MAT, LSAT, PRAXIS and GRE subject tests.
- Providing examinations to students and non-students in a professional, efficient, and friendly environment.
- Ensuring access for all members of the YSU community, providing accommodations when appropriate.
- Responding quickly and accurately to queries from students, parents, faculty, and other members of the YSU community.
B) The Comprehensive Testing Center fosters collaboration to enrich the region and the world. We work to accomplish this mission by:
- Working with academic departments to ensure the reliability of placement measures and scoring criteria. Appropriate course placement is integral to student success at YSU. Student success enriches the region, and our world.
- Offering test proctoring services and professional exam c certification opportunities to the larger community.
- Maintaining active membership in the National College Testing Association (NCTA) and the Consortium of College Testing Centers (CCTC).
- YSU serves as a secure, professional and affordable proctoring site for non-YSU students. In offering proctoring services to the larger community, YSU’s Comprehensive Testing Center follows the best practices as established by the Consortium of College Testing Centers. The CCTC is “a means by which students enrolled in distance or other courses can take examinations required by those courses at a local institution of higher learning rather than having to travel to the original institution for evaluative purposes. All participants in CCTC must be members in good standing of NCTA and should be subscribers to the NCTA Professional Standards and Guidelines for Post-Secondary Test Centers.”