Purpose: Since 1948 this award has been a distinguished part of Youngstown State University’s rich tradition. The YSU Pin Award recognizes up to five graduating seniors annually who have achieved academic success and demonstrated outstanding leadership, motivation, and creativity in university and community activities.
• Candidates must be graduating between December 2017 and August 2018.
• Candidates must have demonstrated outstanding leadership in YSU campus life through participation in a variety of campus activities and community-wide service projects.
• Candidates must have demonstrated character and integrity in their role as a YSU student leader.
• Candidates must have a minimum accumulative GPA of 3.0 and maintained good disciplinary standing for the previous two years.
• Candidates are eligible to be awarded the YSU Pin only once.
• Candidates must provide a minimum of one, no more than three references. Please email the following Reference Form.
Selection: Up to five student graduating in the current academic year will be selected by the Student Awards Committee. Candidates will be evaluated based upon their application and references.
Please complete the following information: