Youngstown State University
Graduate Assistant Intern for Residential Education
Housing & Residence Life
The Graduate Assistant Intern (GAI) for Residential Education assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of Housing & Residence Life’s staff training and development initiatives. The Graduate Assistant Intern for Residential Education also assists in the planning, implementation and evaluation of Housing & Residence Life’s programming and education initiatives.
Specific areas of responsibility may include, but are not limited to:
- Fall RA Training
- RA Winter Retreat
- RA Training Seminars
- RA Spring Training
- RA In Service Training
- NEOHO RA Drive-In Conference Preparation
- All major programs (Safer Sex, Diversity, Alcohol Awareness, etc): including help with planning, logistical setup and day of event support and supervision of work teams.
- FYRE (First Year Resident Experience), ILLC (International Living Learning Community), and FLIGHT Student-Athlete Experience.
- Serve as a liaison between Housing & Residence Life and other campus agencies to facilitate collaborative programming and education.
- Assist with Residence Hall Association as applicable.
Additional areas of responsibility include:
- Attend professional and paraprofessional staff meetings as requested.
- Represent Housing at orientation information sessions.
SUPERVISION: Assistant Director for Residential Education and Development
HOURS: Approximately 20 hours per week.
TIME OFF: All University breaks and three weekends out per semester.
CONTRACT DATES: August 1 st through May 15 th . (Summer work may be available)
REMUNERATION: Tuition remission, room and board and a $7000 stipend for new GA (paid in monthly increments).
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s Degree, full-time enrollment in a graduate program at YSU. Experience in Housing & Residence Life as an undergraduate and/or experience with educational programming or philanthropic services preferred.