Please note: These procedures do not apply to departmental petty cash and/or change funds.
- Petty Cash is used to reimburse YSU employees and students for emergency, local purchases of less than $200.00 for supplies that have been expended to conduct University business.
MAY NOT BE USED:
- To pay vendors (see eCUBE User Guide) eCUBE User Guide
- When a check request is the more appropriate form of payment, see Check Request procedures on Purchasing Policies and Procedures
- When the University Commercial Card has been used for payment (see commercial card program policy) P-Card Program
- When contracting services from non-YSU employees (use PAF) Contract Management
- To pay an employee for performing supplemental duties (use a supplemental pay form)
- For Travel advances or reimbursements. (See Travel Policy) Travel Guidelines
- On-Campus services
- Printing Services must be utilized (If an emergency exists and our Printing Services are unable to accommodate your needs, please state this on your request). Publications Policy
- Postal Services Reimbursement for postage, including UPS and Federal Express, will not be made if the transaction takes place during Postal Services normal working hours, Monday-Friday, 7:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.; ext.3112. (If an emergency exists and Postal Services are unable to accommodate your needs, please state this on your request.)
EXPENSES THAT DO NOT QUALIFY for reimbursement by petty cash are:
- Expenses identified in the business-related expense guidelines Purchasing Policies & Procedures
- ALL food and beverage;
- Expenses of a personal nature and those not related to the conduct of University business (e.g. coffee pots or coffee services, heaters, fans or air filters, employee entertainment, flowers, fruit/gift baskets, gifts or gift certificates);
- Items purchased through the University Bookstore should be processed as a chargeback at the time of purchase.
The Petty Cash Form and Instructions can be found at the Procurement Forms website under Purchasing Policies & Procedures.
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader