Car Rental Procedures and Requirements for Vehicle Rentals
Requirements to Rent for YSU business purposes:
- Must be at least 18 years of age to rent most vehicles and at least 21 years of age to rent 15 passenger vans.
- A valid driver’s license must be presented at the rental office.
- If more than one driver during a trip, each one must present a valid driver’s license and be certified by Environmental and Occupational Health and Safety (EOHS).
- EOHS Certification Requirements:
A satisfactory motor vehicle registration (MVR) check and authorization to drive by EOHS – You can contact them for their procedures at 330-941-3700.
How do I rent vehicles through Enterprise/National/Hertz or U-Save?
- Log on to the MY YSU Portal.
- Click on the Faculty/Staff tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to Employees Resources on the left – click on the Enterprise link;
- Choose the correct type of account that you will be using:
Business use with the Select card account.
Make sure you have a Select Card issued to you before reserving your vehicle using this option. This must be presented at the Enterprise office upon renting your vehicle.
Select – 1. Business Use – with a select card.
Then: Follow same procedures as outlined below under Business Use without a Select Card
Business use without Select card. (most users will be using this option)
Select - 2. Business Use –without a Select Card
- Choose the location you wish to rent from. (The following process applies to all rental locations)
- Enter the dates and times of your trip and press view rates.
Quick Start: For a $10 surcharge, you may pick up your vehicle after 4:00 pm for next day rental. For $25 you may pick up your vehicle Friday after 4:00 pm for a trip beginning the following Monday.
- Select the vehicle you wish to rent.
- Enter your name, phone #, credit card type is MasterCard, your email address, TER # (enter the complete Travel Expense Report #). You have the option to select Pre-Paid Fuel tank of gas at this time. Choose “YES” if you estimate that your trip will use most of a full tank of gas. If not, choose ‘NO’ and replace the estimated amount of gas used during your trip before returning vehicle.
- Enterprise strongly encourages you to complete the additional information on this form. If you do not complete it at this time, you will need to do so upon pick up of your vehicle.
- Click the Continue button to view a summary of the estimated charges for this reservation.
- Select – Book Now. This will generate a rental confirmation number along with a confirmation to your email address.
Please note: tax will be included on this summary. If the rental is for YSU business use, the tax will be taken off after the vehicle is rented, returned, and the final receipt is printed.
Van rentals (12-15 passenger vans) must be made directly through the Enterprise office by calling 330-743-2005.
Upon completion of your trip and approximately forty-eight hours after the rental is returned, a receipt for your trip can be accessed on the Enterprise website.
- Go to the Enterprise website; near the bottom of the screen, choose the option “Print Your Receipt”. The driver’s license number along with the last name of renter must be entered in order to obtain your receipt. Please make sure that you select United States under Select a Country. Review the receipt and verify the information is accurate. If you have any questions or concerns, you can contact Enterprise.
- At this point, your Financial Manager’s signature, FOAP to be charged and date of approval must be indicated; fax to x3499 or mail copy to Jan in Procurement Services or email scans. This receipt must be signed and forwarded as soon as available. Failure to send this receipt in a timely manner may be cause to remove you from the authorized renters list.
Note: Copy of receipt must be attached to your travel expense report as outlined in the Travel Guidelines.
Personal use with your personal card.
Select option 3. Personal Use – Must use your personal credit card.
Reserve a vehicle with your personal credit card to receive the University discount.
Where do I pick up the vehicle?
- Vehicles can only be picked up at an Enterprise office. You must present a valid driver’s license to pick up a vehicle.
- Your personal vehicle can be parked at the YSU police station or at the Enterprise Office. Please make sure that you do not leave any valuable items in your car, that your vehicle is locked and secured and that you have possession of your keys.
- Enterprise has a “Will Pick You Up” policy. To schedule a pickup, call Enterprise at 330-743-2005.
Where do I return the vehicle?
- Vehicles should be returned to the originating Enterprise rental office.
- Note - a fee may apply if the vehicle is returned to a different location other than where it is rented.
- If you are returning the vehicle after hours, make sure you lock the rental vehicle and leave the keys in the Enterprise drop box.
- If vehicle is returned late at night, you can request police escort-x3527.
Renting a car through U-Save
- Log on to the MY YSU Portal.
- See the Faculty/Staff tab at the top of the screen.
- Scroll down to Employees Resources on the left – click on the U-Save Car & Truck Rentals.
- Complete all information on the Vehicle Reservation Form.
- U-Save delivers all vehicles to the parking lot of YSU Police Department or any other destination on campus.
- Return the vehicle with the same amount of gas as you received it.
In order to receive YSU discount, it is advised to go through the YSU portal for car rental reservations; you can also phone USave at 330-792-5580.
USave matches YSU rates for personal use.
Renting a car through Hertz
- Reservations can be made online or by calling 1-800-654-2200 (US) or 1-800-654-3001 (international)
- Enter YSU’s CDP # 222601 when making a reservation to ensure contract rates.
- If you are in an accident, during business hours contact the office from which you rented the vehicle.
- For questions regarding rental procedures, please contact Jan Jordan at x2313.