Without the daily effort of students and instructors, CROW could not exist. That said, we invite all members of the YSU general education composition community to share, and to celebrate, their hard work and accomplishments with us!
Students may submit works completed in:
- English 1539
- English 1540
- English 1550, 1550 (H)
- English 1551, 1551 (H)
Students may submit any graded assignment any graded assignment that showcases their work in composition courses at YSU.
- Research papers
- Reading responses
- Group projects
5 Steps to Submission
- Select a piece of your work that makes you proud
- Ask your instructor for a submission form, or at the English Department on the second floor of DeBartolo Hall, or pick up a form at the Writing Center in room 171 at Maag Library
- Print three copies of your work with your name and your instructor's name removed
- Turn in your printed copies to your instructor, or drop them off at the English Department or Writing Center
- Email a digital copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Work submitted by students undergoes a double blind review process. The names of the students and their instructors are removed from submitted documents. Therefore, our reviewers do not know the names of the composers. Likewise, students are not made aware of the names of our reviewers.
Our voluntary reviewers are comprised of YSU composition instructors, Composition Placement Test (CPT) readers as well as Writing Center tutors. At least two reviewers, evaluate each individual submission.
For all students interested in submitting for next year's CROW publication, the submission deadline is June 1, 2017. In other words, any assignments completed during the Summer and Fall 2016 semesters or the Spring 2017 semester are eligible to be selected for publication in the 2017 addition of CROW.