Appointments may be scheduled for 15, 30 or 45 minutes in length. A 45-minute session is generally recommended, however, to ensure adequate time to address multiple problem areas or major concerns. Students working on longer or more detailed projects may contact the WC coordinator to make arrangements for longer sessions.
To schedule an appointment:
- Call the Writing Center during business hours at 330-941-3055, or
- Access our online scheduling system, WCOnline.
You must register with WCOnline before your first appointment or walk-in. Registering is an easy, one-time process and will give you the ability to schedule an appointment yourself at any time online. To learn how to register in the system and navigate through to schedule an appointment, see the link to the PDF file below.
If you feel uncomfortable registering on your own, you can always call the Writing Center for assistance or wait to register at the WC on the day of your first session.
In scheduling and in arriving for an appointment, remember to:
- Allow adequate time after the session to revise your paper before it is due.
- Have all necessary materials, drafts, assignment sheets, flash drives, etc. with you on the day of your session.
- Come with a positive attitude and treat consultants with the same respect you wish to receive.
- Expect to maintain ownership of your writing assignments. The WC helps to make students better writers; it is not an editing or typing service.
- Bring any and all writing questions.
You can research WC consultants' backgrounds by looking at their academic and specialization information on WCOnline. Details for each consultant are listed under his or her name when you go to schedule an appointment. This information can also be found on the WC's Groups page in the MyYSU portal.
If a client misses two appointments or cancels three appointments, he or she may only use the WC on a walk-in basis for the rest of that semester.