Throughout each semester, the Writing Center presents a number of free workshops and tutorials to the YSU community as part of the College Success Workshops series. The series is co-sponsored by the Reading and Study Skills Center and Career Services.
WC workshops and tutorials range in length and can last up to 90 minutes. They generally take place in Kilcawley Center, but instructors also have the option of requesting them for a scheduled class period.
Select Workshop topics
- APA, Chicago or MLA citation
- Analytical writing for literature and film courses
- Basics of word processing
- Flash drive, e-mail and computer literacy
- Getting started on your writing assignment
- How to write a compare and contrast essay
- MS PowerPoint tutorial
- MS Word tutorial
- Revising, editing and proofreading effectively
- Using the Writing Center effectively
- Writing in STEM
- Writing short answer and essay exams
To find out when workshops are offered, check out the updates on the main page of WCOnline, view a calendar on the Reading and Study Skills website, or stop into the Writing Center for a workshops handout.