Survey Gizmo is a powerful resource for creating surveys, quizzes, and online forms for continuous improvement and data-based decision making across campus. Funded by the Office of Distance Education, accounts are being provided to YSU departments/programs/offices free of charge.
All Survey Gizmo accounts are currently in use*. To request use of a temporary account or to be put on the waiting list for a permanent Survey Gizmo account, e-mail the Office of Assessment at firstname.lastname@example.org.
By accessing a YSU Survey Gizmo account, here are the terms you agree to:
- Sharing: Accounts can be shared by YSU employees (including student-workers) within offices & programs only.
- Personal Use: Accounts cannot be used for personal reasons by any staff, faculty, or student.
- Accessibility: All surveys must follow accessibility guidelines.
- Confidentiality: If you collect sensitive or personal information, take the appropriate steps to protect the data. You are responsible for all the collected information.
- Branding: Surveys with large and/or public audiences must adhere to YSU's Graphic Identity Standards.
- Quality: All surveys must be edited for quality (including spelling, grammar, and design). Surveys should represent YSU with the highest standards.
*Note: 50 total user licenses are available for use across campus. 45 of those accounts are designated as permanent accounts and 5 accounts are used in a temporary/as-needed Accounts will be monitored by the Office of Assessment to ensure that accounts are available to campus groups that frequently use online surveys. As needed temporary accounts will be provided to programs/offices by request.
- Tips for Writing Good Survey Questions
- Steps for transferring old surveys and data to Survey Gizmo
- Guide to Great Survey Design - Survey Gizmo E-Book (44 pages)
Former Survey Monkey Users: The YSU Assessment Survey Monkey account is no longer active. Please contact the Office of Assessment at email@example.com to request old data/information from Survey Monkey.