About The Rec Center
Strength and Conditioning Area – 12,000 sq. ft.
- More than 70 pieces of cardio equipment including treadmills, elliptical, various types of cycles, steppers and rowers
- 24 selections of weight-training pieces
- Combination of 40 plate-loaded and free-weight stations
Sports Forum – 18,500 sq. ft.
- Four multi-purpose courts, with the option of isolating each court
- Ability to play basketball, volleyball, badminton and a host of other activities
Aerobics Studios – 3,200 sq. ft.
- Designed as a group fitness instructional area that accommodates classes taught by certified instructors
- Capability to be divided in half to hold two different classes simultaneously
- A quiet space designed specifically to provide an area for students, faculty and staff to take time out of their hectic schedules to reflect, relax and contemplate
Wellness Resource Center
- Designed to promote healthy lifestyle choices through comprehensive programming in areas of fitness, nutrition, mental and spiritual health and personal safety
- Programming and services will include testing and assessments, workshops, classes and clinics designed for individual and group participation
- One of the tallest in the state of Ohio at 53 feet
- Program mix will include eight climbing routes and a 46 feet rappelling platform. One-third of the lower wall is designed for bouldering opportunities
Energy Curtailment Information:
Due to the warm temperatures throughout the region, there may be an energy curtailment. During energy curtailments, please expect Andrews Student Recreation & Wellness Center to be warmer than normal.
Please use caution when exercising and refer to our "Exercising in the Heat" guidelines for more information.