BUBBLE SOCCER RULES
- No ID No Play, No Questions: No form of identification other than an official Youngstown State University ID will be accepted. You MUST have your ID to play. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. If you do not have your ID for any reason, you need to go to Kilcawley Center and purchase a new one.
- Game Time is Forfeit Time: Player check-in will begin 15 minutes before the scheduled game time. If a team does not have the needed amount of players to begin the game at the scheduled game time a forfeit will be issued. No Exception or excuses will be accepted for anyone or any reasons.
- Players Can Only Play for 1 Team: In any Youngstown State Intramural League participants are only permitted to play for one team per season. If a player attempts to play for another team they will be suspended and the team that the player attempted to play for will immediately forfeit the scheduled game. Players are only permitted to play for the first team that they played for.
- Playoff Eligibility: Players must play in at least one regular season game in order to play in the playoffs. Players can be added to a roster at any point in the regular season, but must play in at least one game prior to playoffs.
- The Officials Have Full Authority: While participating in a Youngstown State University Intramural Sports Program, YSU IM Officials will have full authority to call and make judgments according to their training. Any questioning of any official’s calls may result in an unsportsmanlike penalty. If a team deems it necessary to question a call of an official, the TEAM CAPTAIN ONLY, may address it to the Intramural Intern, or Intramural Supervisor present at the event. If questioning causes a disruption of game play, the Intramural Intern or Intramural Supervisor has all authority to end the game, and give the team causing the disruption a forfeit. Any Intramural official or supervisor has the right to throw out any player from any game if it is deemed necessary from their training.
- All Games, All Weather: All games will be played during all weather conditions, unless otherwise informed of prior to game time, or until the Intramural Coordinator believes the playing conditions to be too severe to continue. Questions prior to game time can be answered at 330.941.3731
- Uniforms: Participants must be wearing athletic attire in order to participate in any intramural sport. No open toed shoes, jeans, or cargo shorts will be permitted. Any apparel or game equipment needed by players will be issued on a 1 ID basis. The ID will not be returned until the issued apparel or equipment has been turned back in.
- No Metal Spikes: No footwear with metal or metal-tipped spikes will be permitted for use during any Intramural event.
- Inappropriate Team Names: We will not accept team names that are deemed inappropriate by the Intramurals Staff. If you submit a team name that is not approved, you will be asked to come up with a new name. If you do not submit a new name, it will be changed for you.
- Two forfeits = removal from the league: If your team forfeits two times during the regular season, you will be removed from the league. The remainder of your games will be removed from the schedule and you will not be able to participate in post-season play.
- Forfeit Prevention: Each team in league play is permitted to use one forfeit prevention per season. This involves using one official to play on their team in order to meet the minimum player requirements. This is only permitted during the regular season and is only permitted if there are enough officials to officiate all games being played during that hour.
- Liability Waiver: All Participants must accept the terms of the liability waiver found on the participant’s IMLeagues profile. Failure to do so will make the participant ineligible for Intramural play. Participants must sign a separate wavier for each Intramural Sport that they play.
- Fighting: There is a zero tolerance policy for fighting at any YSU Intramural event. Anyone involved in a fight will be immediately ejected and will be reported to YSU’s Student Conduct Board.
- Each team will consist of four players with an unlimited number of substitutes.
- Each player will be given a bubble ball to play in and will be required to clean their bubble with Clorox wipes provided by the intramural staff before they will have their YSU ID returned.
- There is no goal keeper.
- Substitutions can only be made during a dead ball or in between periods.
- The objective of the game is to score more goals than your opponent.
- Games will be made up of four 5 minute periods.
- The game clock is continuous with the exception of injuries.
- The playing field is an indoor gym the standard length of a basketball court with two curtains acting as the back walls.
- All of the side and back walls are in play and players are permitted to use them during gameplay.
- Play will only be considered out of bounds if a ball goes behind the either of the back walls (curtains) or if an official determines that the ball is in a dangerous spot the official will call the play dead.
- Each player will be given a bubble ball to play in but are required to clean the ball once their game is over.
- Each game will begin with a “drop ball” in the starting circle.
- After every dead ball play will be resumed with a drop ball in the starting circle.
- A drop ball consists of one player from each team standing with both feet in the starting circle competing for the ball which will be dropped by the official between the two players. A drop ball will only involve those two players and is considered over once the ball has been cleared out of the starting circle.
- No player other than the players participating in the drop ball are permitted to enter the starting circle until the ball has been cleared from the circle or they will be assessed a penalty.
- A drop ball will be occur at the start of each quarter, whenever the ball is kicked out of bounds, and if play is stopped for any reason by a referee.
- A referee can stop the play of the game due to an injury, if the ball is deemed to be in an unsafe position, or for any other reason that they deem necessary.
- There are no offside rules
- There is no offensive or defensive player permitted to enter either team’s goal box. The goal box is outlined on the court. If any player is found to be camping in the goal box they will be assessed a penalty.
- Any penalty assessed to a player will involve that player being removed from the game for 2 minutes. A player will be monitored by the referee and once their penalty time has expired they can immediately reenter the game.
- During a period of time in which one team has a player in the penalty box they must play without that player and cannot substitute a player to take their place.
- A player will be assessed a penalty for any illegal hit which consists of:
- A player knocking down another player who does not have the ball.
- A player preventing another player from getting up off of the ground.
- Targeting another player-hitting a player between the two red panels on the back of the bubble.
- Any other unnecessary contact as deemed by the official.
- Penalties can also be assessed for: a delay of the game, player misconduct, use of inappropriate language at other players or officials.
- If at the end of regulation the game is tied there will be a 5 minute overtime period in which the game will end as soon as a goal is scored.
- If at the end of regulation the game is still tied the teams will move to a penalty kick shootout.
- Each team will choose three players to take part in the shootout
- There will be a coin toss with the winning captain choosing to either shoot first or second.
- Teams will take turns one shooter after the other whichever team scores more goals will be the winner.
- For the first shootout goals will be attempted from half-court with no goalies. The second shootout will be from ¾ court and the third and any subsequent shootouts will take place from the entire length of the court.
- Shootouts will take place while wearing their bubbles.
- Players must go through their entire roster before a player can kick again in any subsequent shootouts.