Campus Recreation Jobs
The Department of Campus Recreation is one of the most popular places on campus for employment. While we are always accepting applications, it is highly recommended to apply during Spring Semester as that is when we do the bulk of our hiring. Posting can be found on the university website.
Our next hiring season begins January 2, 2020. Please stay tuned for more details.
Scroll down and click “Apply Here” and submit your application, cover letter and resume between 01/02/20 and 02/19/20 for consideration for any of the listed positions.
For questions, please contact Cassie Smith,email@example.com.
To read job descriptions, check out our Job Description web page. For an overview of available areas, see the descriptions below.
For more information about job descriptions, please visit our Job Description web page.
- Administrative Office– Office Assistants and Supervisors contribute to general administrative operations for the Department of Campus Recreation.
- Adventure Recreation –
- Wall Staff and Supervisors coach patrons on our Climbing Wall and belay them to the top.
- Teambuilding – Teambuilding Facilitators assist with instructing, leading, and producing teambuilding and special events.
- CPR / First Aid Student Instructors hold and keep current American Red Cross Instructor Certification and independently teach Adult and Pediatric CPR/First Aid/AED, Lifeguarding, Wilderness First Aid, and BLS courses.
- Club Sports– Student Monitors and Supervisors assist with facility and equipment usage during practices and competition for Club Sports purposes.
- Facility – Monitors and Supervisors assist patrons utilizing the Andrews Student Recreation & Wellness Center.
- Group Fitness Instructor- Certified Group Fitness Instructors guide participants through safe, effective and motivating group class sessions.
- Personal Trainer- Certified Personal Trainers support clients as they achieve their fitness and health goals.
- WRC- Wellness Resource Center Monitors help patrons navigate and understand fitness assessments, nutrition counseling, and various other Department initiatives.
- Intramurals- Referees, Officials and Supervisors oversee intramural games and events. Check out this video of our Intramural teams!
- Marketing – Student Monitors assist the Department of Campus Recreation with our marketing materials and strategies.
- Summer Camps – Summer Camp Counselors and Supervisors assist with Pete & Penny Summer Camp. This is a summer position only.
- Graduate Assistant – Graduate Assistants supervise student staff and assist with development and implementation of programs. For more information, go to our Graduate Assistantship web page.
- Applications will be accepted until March 1 for the next upcoming academic year. Subject to change.
- Internships/Practicum/In-service – We have academic-related positions, with paid and unpaid work experience. Please apply one semester prior to semester with internship.
All positions require a department application, cover letter and resume to apply.