The Department of Campus Recreation is one of the most popular places on campus to be employed. While we are always accepting applications it is highly recommended you attend one of our job fairs which is when we do the bulk of our hiring. We will host a job fair in April to hire for the Fall semester and one in October to hire for the Spring Semester. Information is posted below.
Campus Recreation Jobs
******Currently there are no open positions within the Department of Campus Recreation. All submitted applications will be kept on file for six months and you will be contacted should a position open up.******
For more information about job descriptions, please visit our Job Description web page.
- Facility – Control desk, equipment issue, supervisors, and monitors in the Andrews Student Recreation & Wellness Center Check out our Facility video here!
- Fitness/Wellness-Wellness Resource Center- Assist patrons in registering for fitness assessments, nutrition counseling, personal training and incentive programs.
- Fitness/Wellness-Personal Trainer- Certified trainers will help clients achieve their fitness and health goals.
- Fitness/Wellness-Group Exercise Instructor- Certified instructors will lead patrons through safe, effective and motivation group class sessions.
- Office Assistant - Assists in general office operations
- Marketing - Assist the Assistant Director, Marketing, Fitness and Wellness with the coordination and implementation of graphic design work, marketing material and strategies for the department programs, services and facilities.
- Club Sports Assistant- Monitoring the usage of facilities, equipment, and/club sports during practices and competition.
- Intramurals- Supervisors and Officials – Assists in officiating intramural games and events. Check out our Intramurals video here!
- Climbing Wall - Assist with helping patrons climb the wall by belaying and coaching them to the top Check out our Climbing Wall video here!
- Graduate Assistant – Supervise student staff and assist with development and implementation of programs. For more information, go to our Graduate Assistantship web page.
* Applications will be accepted between until March 1 for the next upcoming academic year. Subject to change.
- Teambuilding Facilitator - Assists with teambuilding and special events. If you wish to inquire more about the position, please see the Teambuilding Facilitator web page.
- Internships/Practicum/In-service – Academic related position, paid/ unpaid work experience
Please apply one semester prior to semester with internship.
All positions require a department application, cover letter and resume to apply.
Please turn in an application, cover letter and resume to:
Department of Campus Recreation-
Andrews Student Recreation and Wellness Center
Youngstown State University
One University Plaza
Youngstown, Ohio 44555
(330) 941-2240 (Main Office-Reception)