- No ID No Play, No Questions: No form of identification other than an official Youngstown State University ID will be accepted. You MUST have your ID to play. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE FOR ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. If you do not have your ID for any reason, you need to go to Kilcawley Center and purchase a new one.
- Game Time is Forfeit Time: Player check-in will begin 15 minutes before the scheduled game time. If a team does not have the needed amount of players to begin the game at the scheduled game time a forfeit will be issued. No Exception or excuses will be accepted for anyone or any reasons.
- Players Can Only Play for 1 Team: In any Youngstown State Intramural League participants are only permitted to play for one team per season. If a player attempts to play for another team they will be suspended and the team that the player attempted to play for will immediately forfeit the scheduled game. Players are only permitted to play for the first team that they played for.
- Playoff Eligibility: Players must play in at least one regular season game in order to play in the playoffs. Players can be added to a roster at any point in the regular season, but must play in at least one game prior to playoffs.
- The Officials Have Full Authority: While participating in a Youngstown State University Intramural Sports Program, YSU IM Officials will have full authority to call and make judgments according to their training. Any questioning of any official’s calls may result in an unsportsmanlike penalty. If a team deems it necessary to question a call of an official, the TEAM CAPTAIN ONLY, may address it to the Intramural Intern, or Intramural Supervisor present at the event. If questioning causes a disruption of game play, the Intramural Intern or Intramural Supervisor has all authority to end the game, and give the team causing the disruption a forfeit. Any Intramural official or supervisor has the right to throw out any player from any game if it is deemed necessary from their training.
- All Games, All Weather: All games will be played during all weather conditions, unless otherwise informed of prior to game time, or until the Intramural Coordinator believes the playing conditions to be too severe to continue. Questions prior to game time can be answered at 330.941.3731
- Uniforms: Participants must be wearing athletic attire in order to participate in any intramural sport. No open toed shoes, jeans, or cargo shorts will be permitted. Any apparel or game equipment needed by players will be issued on a 1 ID basis. The ID will not be returned until the issued apparel or equipment has been turned back in.
- No Metal Spikes: No footwear with metal or metal-tipped spikes will be permitted for use during any Intramural event.
- Inappropriate Team Names: We will not accept team names that are deemed inappropriate by the Intramurals Staff. If you submit a team name that is not approved, you will be asked to come up with a new name. If you do not submit a new name, it will be changed for you.
- Two forfeits = removal from the league: If your team forfeits two times during the regular season, you will be removed from the league. The remainder of your games will be removed from the schedule and you will not be able to participate in post-season play.
- Forfeit Prevention: Each team in league play is permitted to use one forfeit prevention per season. This involves using one official to play on their team in order to meet the minimum player requirements. This is only permitted during the regular season and is only permitted if there are enough officials to officiate all games being played during that hour.
- Liability Waiver: All Participants must accept the terms of the liability waiver found on the participant’s IMLeagues profile. Failure to do so will make the participant ineligible for Intramural play. Participants must sign a separate wavier for each Intramural Sport that they play.
- Fighting: There is a zero tolerance policy for fighting at any YSU Intramural event. Anyone involved in a fight will be immediately ejected and will be reported to YSU’s Student Conduct Board.
- A team will consist of 8 players per team with a minimum of 6 players.
- Games are 5 innings long but will be ended automatically after a one hour time limit.
- Mercy Rule – When one team is up by 10 runs or more after the third inning or after 50 minutes of play the game is automatically over.
- Each team will be have 3 outs per half inning.
- A player is deemed out if: a kicked ball is caught without hitting the ground, a player is forced out at a base, they are hit while running the bases if the hit occurs below the shoulders, or if the ball is kicked off the ceiling.
- Baserunners are not allowed to steal or leading off of a base.
- There is no bunting.
- Walls (in fair territory) are playable.
- No infield fly rule.
- There is a 5 pitch max to players and there are no walks.
- The kicker must stay behind kicking line if they kick from in front of the kicking line there is a loss of a pitch and the kick will not count.
- Defensive players may play anywhere in field as long as they stay behind the “Play Line” before the ball is kicked.
- The “Play Line” is a straight line in fair territory that the defense must remain behind until ball is kicked, any infraction of the “play line” will give the Kicker the option of the result of the play or an automatic single.
- Batting Order Must be determined before the game and followed throughout the entire game.
- Only proper substitutions can alter batting order.
- If players come to game late and can still enter the game they will be place in the bottom of the batting order and no outs will be assessed for previously missed at-bats.
- Home/Visitor determined by coin toss.