The Office of Grants Accounting, a unit of the Controller's Office, oversees the post-award financial management of externally funded grants and sponsored programs to ensure compliance with Local, State and Federal regulations pertaining to externally sponsored programs, as well as University policies. Grants Accounting is reimbursed for allowable contract and grant costs.
PROJECT INITIATION AND ADMINISTRATION
Once an external award or contract has been accepted by Youngstown State University, the Office of Research will initiate the post-award administration process by transferring appropriate documents (i.e., the approved proposal narrative and budget, any sponsor administrative guidelines, the fully-approved grant or contract funding agreement and Blue Sheet , and any pre-award correspondence bearing on project technical activities and reporting) to Grants Accounting. Upon receipt of these materials and in consultation with the Principal Investigator (PI), Grants Accounting will establish a project budget in the Banner financial system.
Once the budget has been established, the Grants Accounting staff will:
- Assist the PI in managing the external award.
- Help to clarify agency regulations and policies.
- Help to clarify University policies and procedures.
- Advise on such matters as allowable costs; subcontracts, or budget revisions;.
- Help resolve administrative problems that arise during the course of the project.
For Pre-Award activities, such as grant submissions, budget modifications, No Cost Extensions, Supplemental Pay, etc., see the Office of Research.
The following forms can be found on the Grants Accounting Forms web page:
- Grant Expense Transfer Form (within fund)
- Grant Expense Transfer Form (between funds)
- Certification for Cost Share (Match)
- Grant Funded Supplemental Pay Effort Log - 1st Half Summer - 6/30 End
- Grant Funded Supplemental Pay Effort Log - 2nd Half Summer - 7/1 Start