Application to the online MBA program requires submission of the following information to the School of Graduate Studies and Research:
1. Completed Application for Graduate Admission
2. A letter of application stating professional goals and objectives
3. A resume detailing full-time, professional work experience
4. Official transcripts from each college or institution attended
5. Official score report of performance on the Graduate Managements Admission Test (GMAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or completed application for GMAT/GRE waiver
6. International Students Only: Official copy of TOEFL score report sent to the School of Graduate Studies
APPLICATION FOR GRADUATE ADMISSION
Online application form:
Students using this method are required to pay the admission fee by credit card or electronic check.
The resume will be reviewed to evaluate the relevance of full-time, managerial and/or professional work experience. Experience is not simply evaluated in terms of years, but also the nature of the applicant's work experience. As such, resumes submitted for review should focus on an applicant’s roles, responsibilities of his/her work experiences, and advancement, opposed to simply job titles. The depth and breadth of an individual's prior positions, his/her contributions to the work environment, and level of responsibility and progression are important. Finally, the program seeks diversity in the professional backgrounds of its admitted students just as it does in all other parts of our applicants' profiles.
We require official transcripts from ALL colleges or universities attended (except YSU). Please submit documents from all academic work, undergraduate and graduate. Transcripts must be sent directly from the institution to the School of Graduate Studies (personal copies of transcripts are not acceptable).
Applicants to the Masters of Business Administration program may apply for a waiver for the GMAT/GRE requirement. The minimum requirements for the GMAT/GRE waiver consideration are one of the following:
- A sufficient combination of years of relevant, full-time, managerial and/or professional work experience and Bachelor’s degree GPA (see guidelines on the instructions for the GMAT/GRE waiver).*
- A terminal degree (PhD, MD, or JD) in any discipline, or a master’s degree from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university
If you believe you meet the requirements one of the options above, you may complete the application for the GMAT/GRE waiver.*
Test Information **
You can find information about the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) at MBA.com. The website includes test tutorials, general tips and guidelines, and a list of test centers. You can register to take the exam.
**Keep in mind, these scores are only admissible for five years.
New students admitted to an online graduate degree program, who possess a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or above, will receive the Graduate Scholarship. Scholarships in the amount of $500-$1,000 will be credited toward the instructional fee each fall and spring semester. The scholarship is renewable for up to six semesters if the following requirements are met:
- maintain a 3.0 graduate GPA
- complete a minimum of six semester hours each fall and spring semester
No scholarship application is required; however, this scholarship is competitive and will be distributed according to GPA until the allocation for each program is met. Students should apply for admission early as funds are limited. The award process begins in April for the following academic year.
Students receiving a graduate assistantship or the College Credit Plus Instructor Scholarship are ineligible for the Graduate Scholarship.