---FOR FACULTY USE ONLY---
** To ensure the university is billed properly for Quality Matters Training you must contact Jessica Chill in the Office of Distance Education to complete the registration process and receive the required workbook. Please do not register for any QM course on your own. Jessica can be reached at x1526 or by e-mail .
PLEASE NOTE: The Office of Distance Education will cover the expense of the workshop and required materials the first time you register for a workshop. If you do not attend the workshop the materials must be returned to the Office of Distance Education. Should you need to cancel your attendance you must notify Jessica Chill two days prior to the start of the workshop.
Training Currently Offered at YSU
- 7 Things to Consider Before Developing an Online Course:
On-demand access is available for this course until January 29, 2020.The seminar recording is now available on-demand. You can access the presentation and PDF documents through the on-demand seminar recording link. To access, you will need to enter the following password: consider42
- Preparing to Teach Online at YSU:
This course is taught in Blackboard, and it is designed to help YSU faculty prepare to develop and teach their first fully online classes. Successful completion means you meet the training requirements for teaching online at YSU. Enrollment is not limited to those who are new to the online experience or those who haven't met the training requirement. You're encouraged to sign up as a DE refresher or an opportunity to participate in discussions about DE practices. Estimated time to complete is 8 hours. Please register through YSU's Training & Development.
- DE Community Monthly Meeting:
None scheduled at this time.
- An online accessibility course is currently available for those who utilize the Learning Management System (LMS). For more information, please email the Instructional Design & Development Center in the Office of Distance Education.
Upcoming Training Offered at other Locations in Ohio
- None at this time.
Training Offered Online
- Blackboard's Exemplary Course Program
This is Blackboard's five-week training program on how to build quality distance education courses. It involves attending a one-hour webinar each week that covers some aspect of online education. The five weekly topics are: course design, interaction and collaboration, assessment, learner support, and course reviewer training. Each week also includes a tour of a course that won Blackboard's Exemplary Course award.
Please go to the following link to register: Discover Best Practices for Creating Exemplary Courses
- 508 Compliance Webinar (copywritten by Blackboard, all rights reserved)
- Wikis, Blogs, Discussion Boards and Journal Webinar (copywritten by Blackboard, all rights reserved)
- 7 Things to Consider Before Developing an Online Course - DVD available for viewing (contact Joe Alberti)
- Creating a Culture of Acceptance for Online Education - DVD available for viewing (contact Joe Alberti)
- Accessibility in Distance Education: Issues for a New Administration- DVD available for viewing (contact Joe Alberti)