YSU reserves the right to make the final determination of a student’s admission and enrollment in College Credit Plus (CCP).
CCP Admission Requirements
- 2.0 overall, un-weighted GPA
- One of the following ACT or SAT scores:
- 17 ACT Composite OR
- 820 on combined SAT Critical Reading and Math on SAT's taken prior to March 2016 OR
- 910 on combined SAT evidence based Writing/Reading and Math on SAT's taken March 2016 or after
- passage of required State of Ohio graduation tests or end of course exams, unless you are too young to have taken them
Admission to the YSU CCP program is different than meeting course placement requirements.
CCP Course Placement Requirements
You are allowed, under state law, to take any class in which you meet the course placement requirements. In all cases, your eligibility to take a course will be evaluated against the State of Ohio College-Readiness Standards as follows:
ACT scores*: English 18, Reading 21, Math 22 OR
SAT scores for exams taken prior to March 2016*: Writing 430, Reading 450, Math 520 OR
SAT scores for exams taken March 2016 or after*: Writing sub-score 25, Reading sub-score 25, Math evidence based score 550.
Some courses at YSU require higher scores on the ACT/SAT or YSU administered placement tests. Visit the YSU Course Catalog for course descriptions and placement requirements.
* YSU uses the students highest test score achieved in each section (regardless of test date).Placement Tests at YSU
If you do not meet one or more of the College Readiness Benchmarks above, you may choose to take the following placement tests/assessments:
- English – YSU uses an in-house writing assessment called the Composition Placement Test.
- You schedule an appointment to come to campus to complete it. We do not accept any other English placement assessments.
- Reading – YSU uses Accuplacer – it is a computerized assessment. Click here to practice and be prepared for Accuplacer Reading.
- You schedule an appointment to come to campus to complete it.
- If you have completed Accuplacer at another college or university, YSU will accept an official score report from that institution for placement at YSU. You or your school coordinator should request an official report be emailed to CCP@ysu.edu.
- Science – As a reminder, there is no college readiness benchmark for Science.
- Some Science courses have prerequisites or require you to be pre-calculus ready, or have an ACT Math score of 25, in order to enroll. Please visit the YSU course catalog to view course requirements.
- Math – YSU uses ALEKS – it is an online remediation and assessment program which you begin using at home. There is a $25 fee associated with this program. Read more about what to expect with ALEKS on the Testing Center’s website.
- After you have completed some of the modules in ALEKS you can schedule an appointment to come to campus to take the official assessment.
- If you have completed ALEKS at another college or university, YSU will accept an official score report from that institution for placement at YSU. You or your school coordinator should request an official report be emailed to CCP@ysu.edu.
For more information regarding testing, including scheduling an appointment, please visit www.ysu.edu/Testing.
Admission by Student Appeal
Students who do not have the minimum admission requirements of 2.0 un-weighted GPA and 17 ACT and/or 820 (prior to March 2016) or 910 (March 2016 and after) SAT scores are encouraged not to apply.
If a student does not meet the course placement guidelines, and still wants to apply for courses offered in their high school ONLY, please contact the school district's CCP coordinator.
The district coordinator should contact CCP staff BEFORE submitting the application to discuss the student’s academic record and appeal process.