The Federal Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act, enacted on October 28, 2000, went into effect October 28, 2002. The law requires institutions of higher education to issue a statement advising the campus community where the law enforcement agency information provided by a State concerning registered sexual offenders may be obtained. It also requires sex offenders already required to register in a State to provide notice, as required by State law, of each institution of higher education in that State at which the person is employed, carries on a vocation, or is a student.
Sexual Offenders are required to notify the Sheriff of the County in which they will reside per the Ohio Revised Code, Section 2950.04. The Mahoning County Sheriff’s Department informs the Youngstown State University Police Department of sexual offenders that are registered in Mahoning County. To view a complete listing of sexual offenders in Mahoning County visit the Mahoning County Sheriff's Department website and click on sexual offenders.
Information regarding individuals on the registered sex offenders’ list in the State of Ohio can be obtained from each counties local Sheriff's department. To find your local Ohio Sheriffs office check out the Ohio Buckeyes Sheriff's website:
- Our Local Information– The Youngstown State University is located in Mahoning County in Youngstown, Ohio.
- The Mahoning County Sheriff's Department
- The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections provides access to their online Offender Information Database.
Adjacent Counties/States resources for Sexual Offender Information
- The Trumbull County Sheriff's Department
- The Columbiana County Sheriff's Department
- The Stark County Sheriff's Department
- The Portage County Sheriff’s Department
- All other Ohio Sheriff's Department
- The state of Ohio's Sexual Offender Search page
- Pennsylvania Sexual Offenders can be found at the Pennsylvania State Police website
- West Virginia Sexual Offenders Registry
Please Read this important information below
It has been been brought to the YSU Police Departments Attention that checking the Mahoning County Sheriffs Sexual Offender Registry will not produce a valid
Geographic Search location if you use the University's mailing address which is --
One University Plaza, Youngstown, Ohio 44555
Please use the address listed below to retrieve the results for a one mile radius around the YSU campus --
117 University Plaza, Youngstown, Ohio 44502