General Notes About Official Transcripts:
- Transcripts cannot be faxed or emailed.
- Official transcripts cannot be released if a financial or administrative hold exists. You may call the Record's office at 330-941-3182 to check for holds on your account.
- Rush services may require 24-hour turnaround time if the online record has been archived.
**Important Transcript information for winter break**
December 24 & 25: No Rush Transcripts (University Closed); Overnight transcripts ordered will be processed on 12/26
December 26: Rush Transcripts available but only payment accepted is credit/debit card (Bursar's Office closed); Overnights ordered by 10:00am will be processed
December 27: Rush Transcripts available but only payment accepted is credit/debit card or exact cash (Bursar's Cashier window closed); Overnights ordered by 10:00am will be processed
December 28: Rush Transcripts available but only payment accepted is credit/debit card or exact cash (Bursar's Cashier window closed); Overnights ordered by 10:00am will be processed (overnights ordered after 10:00am will not be processed until January 2, 2019)
December 31 & January 1: No Rush Transcripts (Office & University closed); Overnights ordered will be processed January 2
Attention Fall 2018 Graduates
When placing your transcript order, if you indicate that you want your transcript held for Degree Awarded or Grades Posted please see the dates below:
Guarantee date for transcripts with Fall 2018 degrees listed is January 11, 2019. If your degree is awarded and posted to your transcript before that date your transcript will be mailed earlier.
Guarantee date for transcripts with Fall 2018 grades posted is January 8, 2019. If your grades are posted before that date your transcript will be mailed earlier.
$6 for each transcript mailed within the U.S., additional fees apply to transcripts sent internationally.
- Current and former students, as well as alumni, can request an official transcript for academic work completed at Youngstown State University. Please be aware that only the student may request an official transcript. An official transcript will only verify YSU courses completed. NOTE: There is an option to order a transcript to be "held for current term grades to be posted" or "held for current term degrees to be posted". Requests for transcripts of courses taken at other institutions should be directed to those institutions. Please allow extra processing time during holidays and graduation.
- Current and former students can order transcripts online via: YSU Transcript Ordering
Rush Transcripts to Be Picked Up:
Please Note: Rush transcripts cannot be processed on dates the university is closed. Please refer to the academic calendar for a listing of these dates. **Rush Transcripts will NOT be available December 24, 25, 31, or Jan. 1**
Fee – $12 each.
- Rush transcripts can only be given to the student, unless a third-party presents a signed request from the student which includes the student's name, ID number, the student's contact phone number, and the third party's name.
- Rush transcripts are available between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, and Friday 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Requests made after 4 p.m. will be available the next business day. If it has been 25 years since you attended YSU, please call (330) 941-3182 prior to coming to campus, as your record could be offline or archived, and these requests take longer to process.
- To request a rush transcript a student may pay with a credit card or electronic check, by going to the Penguin Service Center, 2nd Floor, Meshel Hall, to complete a transcript request form. After the transcript request form is completed instructions for paying online using the Registrar's Store will be provided.
Overnight (Domestic) Mailing of Transcripts:
Please Note: Overnight transcripts cannot be processed on dates the university is closed. Please refer to the academic calendar for a listing of these dates. **Overnights will NOT be processed on Dec. 24, 25, 31, or Jan. 1**
Fee – $35 each.
- Requests must be received by 10 a.m. (Eastern Time) to be processed and sent on that same business day to a street address (UPS will not deliver to a post office box; therefore, a street address must be provided).
- Requests made after 10 a.m. will be processed and mailed the following business day.
- If it has been 25 years since you attended YSU, please call 330-941-3182 as your record could be offline or archived and take longer to process.
- Current and former students can order overnight transcripts online via: YSU Transcript Ordering
- An official transcript will be sent via UPS NEXT BUSINESS DAY SERVICE upon receipt of an Overnight Transcript request before 10 a.m.