General Notes About Official Transcripts:
- Youngstown State University offers official transcripts via regular mail, overnight/next business day service, or same day rush service (pick-up). YSU does not fax or email transcripts.
- Official transcripts cannot be released if a financial or administrative hold exists. You may call the Penguin Service Center at 330-941-6000 or the YSU Records Office at 330-941-3182 to check for holds on your account.
- Transcript orders for regular mail or overnight/next business day service can be placed online via the National Student Clearinghouse. Students may also place an order in person at the Penguin Service Center in Meshel Hall (2nd floor). Phone orders are not accepted.
- Transcript orders for same day/rush service can be placed in person at the Penguin Service Center in Meshel Hall (2nd floor) Monday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm; Friday 9:00am-4:30pm. Rush/same day service is not available on days the University is closed. If classes are canceled due to weather please call 330-941-6000 to inquire about availability before coming to campus.
- Rush services may require 24-hour turnaround time if the online record has been archived.
- Current students can request that their transcripts be processed at a future date so the current term's grades are posted or after degrees are posted.
Attention: Important Spring 2019 Transcript Dates
When placing your transcript order, you can indicate that you want your transcript processed at a future date. You will then have the option to send a transcript afer your Degree is Awarded or after Grades Are Posted. Please see the dates below.
Guarantee date for transcripts with Spring 2019 degrees listed is June 3, 2019. If your degree is awarded and posted to your transcript before that date your transcript will be mailed earlier.
Guarantee date for transcripts with Spring 2019 grades posted is May 20, 2019. If your grades are posted before that date your transcript will be mailed earlier.
High School students enrolled in the College Credit Plus (CCP) program will have transcript requests processed and mailed May 31, 2019. To have your transcript mailed immediately please place your order and contact the Records Office at 330-941-3182.
$6 for each transcript mailed within the U.S., additional fees apply to transcripts sent internationally.
- Current and former students, as well as alumni, can request an official transcript for academic work completed at Youngstown State University. Please be aware that only the student may request an official transcript. An official transcript will only verify YSU courses completed. NOTE: There is an option to order a transcript to be "held for current term grades to be posted" or "held for current term degrees to be posted". Requests for transcripts of courses taken at other institutions should be directed to those institutions. Please allow extra processing time during holidays and graduation.
- Current and former students can order transcripts online via: YSU Transcript Ordering
Rush Transcripts to Be Picked Up:
Please Note: Rush transcripts cannot be processed on dates the university is closed or days that classes are cancelled due to weather.
Fee – $12 each.
- Rush transcripts can only be given to the student, unless a third-party presents a signed request from the student which includes the student's name, ID number, the student's contact phone number, and the third party's name.
- Rush transcripts are available between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday, and Friday 9:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Requests made after 4 p.m. will be available the next business day. If it has been 25 years since you attended YSU, please call (330) 941-3182 prior to coming to campus, as your record could be offline or archived, and these requests take longer to process.
- To request a rush transcript a student may pay with a credit card or electronic check, by going to the Penguin Service Center, 2nd Floor, Meshel Hall, to complete a transcript request form. After the transcript request form is completed instructions for paying online using the Registrar's Store will be provided.
Overnight (Domestic) Mailing of Transcripts:
Please Note: Overnight transcripts cannot be processed on dates the university is closed. Please refer to the academic calendar for a listing of these dates. **Overnights will NOT be processed on Dec. 24, 25, 31, or Jan. 1**
Fee – $35 each.
- Requests must be received by 10 a.m. (Eastern Time) to be processed and sent on that same business day to a street address (UPS will not deliver to a post office box; therefore, a street address must be provided).
- Requests made after 10 a.m. will be processed and mailed the following business day.
- If it has been 25 years since you attended YSU, please call 330-941-3182 as your record could be offline or archived and take longer to process.
- Current and former students can order overnight transcripts online via: YSU Transcript Ordering
- An official transcript will be sent via UPS NEXT BUSINESS DAY SERVICE upon receipt of an Overnight Transcript request before 10 a.m.