Youngstown State University Penguin Productions is proud to announce the third annual FEDERAL FRENZY in downtown Youngstown on Saturday, April 22, 2017. This music and arts festival presented in collaboration with the City of Youngstown and The Summit FM is a celebration of the many talents of Youngstown State and the greater Youngstown community. Between 2:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. West Federal Street hosts vendors and outdoor performances by regional and national acts while downtown venues feature live musical performances from Youngstown State students, faculty, and staff.
Our FEDERAL FRENZY is your FEDERAL FRENZY. As we continue to plan and prepare for the event, we are excited to extend an invitation to our campus community to be a part of the celebration.
Application Deadline: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 26, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
- One member of the act must be a current Youngstown State student, faculty, or staff in order to apply.
- Act must submit a link to a recording of their music in order to be considered. A professional recording is not required.
- All members must be available the entire duration of the event to allow for proper scheduling on Saturday, April 22, 2017 from 12:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m.
- Act must be able to perform a full 45 minute set.
- Penguin Productions aims to book a diverse roster of musicians for FEDERAL FRENZY.
- Previous bookings or involvement with Penguin Productions may impact programming board’s decision to include acts on lineup.
- Performance venue and set time assigned by Penguin Productions is non-negotiable.
- Merchandise area in performance venue is available to artist during designated set time. Artist must provide staff to sell merchandise.
- Information submitted on application will be final information used for day of event.
- Current Penguin Productions members are ineligible from applying for event.
- Musicians will be notified by March 17, 2017 regarding talent selection and details for event.
- Youngstown State student musicians are eligible for a chance to win the FEDERAL FRENZY Listener’s Choice Award. See below for details.
- One $10 meal voucher for each member in venue of performance.
- Inclusion of band/musician name on print marketing materials and online marketing to over 13,000 Youngstown State University students, city of Youngstown population, and the Mahoning Valley.
- 100% merchandising profit to artist.
- Opportunity to be a part of one of the major events hosted by Youngstown State University and the City of Youngstown. Previous event attendance has exceeded 5,000 event-goers.
- Inclusion on 2017 FEDERAL FRENZY Spotify and YouTube playlists as applicable.
- Assurance of professional and friendly staff.
FEDERAL FRENZY Listener’s Choice Award
The Summit FM, a locally owned and operated, member-supported public radio station will sponsor the 2017 FEDERAL FRENZY Listener’s Choice Award for eligible student performers. The winning act will be offered a unique opportunity to perform and record a three-song set in The Summit FM’s Audio-Technica Studio C . FEDERAL FRENZY attendees will be able to vote from their mobile device between 2:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on the day of the event for their favorite eligible artist. To vote, follow YSU Penguin Productions on Twitter (@ysupenpro).
About The Summit FM
The Summit, heard in Youngstown at 90.7 FM and 91.3 FM in Akron-Canton, is your home for true music diversity. The Summit plays a wide variety of music, including Rock, Pop, Folk, Acoustic, Local, Reggae, and much more. Visit their website for more information.
If you have any questions, please email Dante Colella, Talent Lead: email@example.com or call the Student Activities Office at 330-941-3575.