Youngstown State University Penguin Productions is proud to announce the fifth annual FEDERAL FRENZY in downtown Youngstown on Saturday, April 27, 2019. This music and arts festival is a celebration of the many talents of Youngstown State and the greater Youngstown community. Between 2:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m. West Federal Street hosts activities, live art, vendors, and outdoor performances by regional and national acts, while downtown venues feature live musical performances from Youngstown State students, faculty, staff, and alumni.
As we plan and prepare for the event, we are excited to extend an invitation to our campus community to be a part of the celebration. YSU student, faculty, staff, and alumni musical acts may submit an application to perform as part of the FEDERAL FRENZY 2019 lineup.
PRIORITY APPLICATION DEADLINE: MONDAY, DECEMBER 31, at 11:59 p.m.
Bands who submit their applications by the priority deadline of New Year’s Eve, will be eligible for the FEDERAL FRENZY FACEOFF!
FEDERAL FRENZY FACEOFF
Penguin Productions is implementing a new and exciting feature to this year’s application process by introducing the FEDERAL FRENZY FACEOFF. Early YSU affiliated act application submissions will be invited to faceoff in a battle of the bands competition at Westside Bowl (2617 Mahoning Avenue) on Friday, February 1, 2019 from 7:00 P.M. – 10:00 P.M. Acts who confirm their participation in the faceoff will each play a short set and the audience will vote for their favorite. The winning act will be guaranteed a spot in the FEDERAL FRENZY 2019 lineup.
OFFICIAL APPLICATION DEADLINE: SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 10, 2019 at 11:59 p.m.
- One member of the act must be a student, faculty, staff, or alum of Youngstown State University in order to apply.
- Act must submit a link to a recording of their music in order to be considered. A professional recording is not required.
- All members must be available on Saturday, April 27, 2019 from 12:00 p.m.-10:00 p.m. to allow for proper scheduling.
- Act must be able to perform a full 45 minute set.
- Penguin Productions aims to book a diverse roster of musicians for FEDERAL FRENZY.
- Previous bookings or involvement with Penguin Productions may impact the programming board’s decision to include acts in the lineup.
- Performance, venue, and set time assigned by Penguin Productions are non-negotiable.
- Merchandise area in performance venue is available during the act's designated set time. Artist must provide staff to sell merchandise.
- Information submitted on application will be final information used for day of event.
- No inappropriate content permitted.
- Current Penguin Productions members are ineligible to apply for the event.
- Acts will be notified by Friday February 15, 2019 regarding talent selection.
- YSU affiliated acts are eligible to win the FEDERAL FRENZY Listener’s Choice Award. See below for details.
- One $10 meal voucher for each member of the act in the venue of performance.
- Inclusion of act name on print and online marketing to over 13,000 Youngstown State University students, city of Youngstown population, and Mahoning Valley residents.
- 100% merchandising profit to act.
- Opportunity to be a part of one of the major events hosted by Youngstown State University. Previous event attendance has exceeded 6,000.
- Inclusion on 2019 FEDERAL FRENZY Spotify and YouTube playlists if applicable.
- Assurance of professional and friendly staff.
- More benefits may become available as event details are finalized.
FEDERAL FRENZY Listener’s Choice Award
The Summit FM, a locally owned and operated, member-supported public radio station will sponsor the 2019 FEDERAL FRENZY Listener’s Choice Award for eligible student performers. The winning act will be offered a unique opportunity to perform and record a three-song set in The Summit FM’s Audio Technica Studio C. FEDERAL FRENZY attendees will be able to vote from their mobile device for their favorite eligible artist between 2:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m. on the day of the event. To vote, follow YSU Penguin Productions on Twitter (@ysupenpro).
About The Summit FM
The Summit, heard in Youngstown at 90.7 FM and 91.3 FM in Akron-Canton, is your home for true music diversity. The Summit plays a wide variety of music including Rock, Pop, Folk, Acoustic, Local, Reggae, and much more. Visit their website for more information.
If you have any questions, please email Allison Marado, Talent Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Student Activities Office at 330-941-3575.