Are you interested in:
- Determining what events happen at YSU?
- Improving student life on campus?
- Gaining valuable programming experience in higher education?
- Developing leadership and communication skills?
- Meeting new people and networking throughout the campus and community?
Apply to be on the Student Activities Major Events (S.A.M.E.) Programming Board to plan Welcome Week, Homecoming, Welcome Back Week, YSU Serves Week, and more! This year, Welcome Back Week takes place from Monday, January 13, 2020 - Saturday, January 18, 2020 and YSU Serves Week takes place from Monday, March 23, 2020 - Saturday, March 28, 2020.
Student Activities Major Events (S.A.M.E.) Programming Board
Position Title: Student Activities Major Events (S.A.M.E.) Member
Length of Position: Fall 2019-Summer 2020
Hours: 5 hours per week (additional hours will be required leading up to theme weeks and on the days of programs)
This is an unpaid volunteer position
- Assist collaboratively in the development, implementation, evaluation, and assessment of campus-wide programs and theme weeks including: Welcome Week, Homecoming, Welcome Back Week, YSU Serves Week.
- Attend weekly meetings (day and time TBD based on availability)
- Read and respond to weekly emails and discussions.
- Actively assist in the program organization, logistics, staffing, volunteer recruitment, supervision, sponsorship, marketing, promotion, and evaluation.
- Must be a current YSU student in good academic standing.
- Attend mandatory orientation (TBD date)
Applicants will be invited to interview with a small group consisting of Student Activities Staff (including the Assistant Director of Programming) and current S.A.M.E. members upon review of applications.
Please direct any questions to Carolyn Jesko, Assistant Director of Programming, Student Activities at 330-941-3575 or email@example.com.