Our Mission for Students
The Math Achievement Center is an academic support service which is integrated with the Department of Mathematics & Statistics. Our mission is to assist YSU students in the strengthening of the fundamental mathematics skills which are necessary for success in the study of mathematics and to provide resource materials for independent study.
Summer 2021 P3 Program
In response to the demand on students during distance learning, we have created a Penguin Prep Program for incoming students. This program seeks to reassure students in their Math and English pathways and their first college-level Math and English classes. If you are interested, please fill out this form
Summer Semester 2021
- APPOINTMENTS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
- IN-PERSON TUTORING SESSIONS WILL BEGIN 5/19/2021
- ONLINE TUTORING SESSIONS BEGIN 5/24/2021
- NO FOOD IS PERMITTED. ALL DRINKS REQUIRE A LID THAT SEALS
- Online appointments are offered through Microsoft Teams. You MUST use your YSU email address.
- Online appointments must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Students will be able to schedule a session using the link below or can request to be set up with recurring weekly appointments.
- Advanced notice is required for online sessions, there are no same-day appointments.
- You MUST use your YSU email address, ending in @student.ysu.edu to sign up for appointments. You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment with your meeting link.
- Except in cases of emergency at least 24 hours notice is required when canceling an online appointment.
READY TO SCHEDULE?
Schedule an Online Appointment *Available 5/24/2021
- Appointments recommended. Due to limited seating, we cannot guarantee walk-in appointments but we are typically able to accommodate them.
- All in-person appointments are 50 minutes and are scheduled on the hour. All students are required to leave at 50 minutes past the hour so that staff may disinfect all surfaces.
- ALL drinks must have lids.
READY TO SCHEDULE?
WANT RECURRING TUTORING SESSIONS?
Use the link below to submit a request for weekly tutoring sessions. You will be notified through your YSU email address when your request has been processed.
We offer a number of services for students here at Youngstown State University. Below is a collection of a few key services the Math Achievement Center has to ensure your success in mathematics.
How Can We Help You?
Use the navigation bar at the top of the page to locate the information or resources you're looking for. For example, students should head over to the student page, which includes useful math resources and review sheets. Staff and faculty members will also find all the appropriate information on each of their respective pages.
Join Our Team
The Mathematics Achievement Center provides an opportunity for on-campus employment. By working in the MAC you will earn money to help pay for your education, sharpen your mathematical skills, make new friends and enhance your resume. Also, student employees are permitted to register for classes before other students.
How Are We Doing?
Have you visited the Math Achievement Center this semester? Click the button below to fill out a survey and let us know how we did!