Our Mission for Students
The Mathematics Assistance Center is an academic support service which is integrated with the Department of Mathematics & Statistics. Our mission is to assist YSU students in the strengthening of the fundamental mathematics skills which are necessary for success in the study of mathematics and to provide resource materials for independent study.
Spring Semester & COVID-19
The Math Assistance Center has made many changes this semester in response to the COVID-19 pandemic in order to keep students and our staff safe. Please read the following list of changes carefully. This allows us to better serve you while maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment.
- APPOINTMENT ONLY!
- WALK-IN TUTORING SESSIONS WILL BEGIN 2/1/2021
- ONLINE TUTORING SESSIONS BEGIN 1/19/2021
- NO FOOD IS PERMITTED. ALL DRINKS REQUIRE A LID THAT SEALS
- MASKS MUST BE WORN. NOSE AND MOUTH COVERED AT ALL TIMES
- Online appointments are offered through Microsoft Teams. You MUST use your YSU email address.
- Online appointments which must be scheduled 24 hours in advance. Students will be able to schedule session here or by stopping into the MAC and speaking with the front desk attendant.
- Advanced notice is required for online sessions, there are no same day appointments.
- You MUST use your YSU email address, ending in @student.ysu.edu to sign up for appointments. You will receive an email confirmation of your appointment with your meeting link.
- Except in cases of emergency at least 24 hours' notice is required when canceling an online appointment.
READY TO SCHEDULE?
Schedule an Online Appointment *Available 1/19/2021
- Appointments required. Due to limited seating, we cannot guarantee same day appointments.
- All in-person appointments are 50 minutes and are scheduled on the hour. All students are required to leave at 50 minutes past the hour so that staff may disinfect all surfaces.
- If possible, we will accommodate walk-in appointments, but we highly recommend making appointment ahead of time.
- Masks MUST be worn correctly at all times.
- No food is permitted in the Math Assistance Center.
- ALL drinks must have lids.
READY TO SCHEDULE?
Schedule an In-Person Appointment *Available 2/1/2021
WANT RECURRING TUTORING SESSIONS?
Use the link below to submit a request for weekly tutoring sessions. You will be notified through your YSU email address when your request has been processed.
We offer a number of services for students here at Youngstown State University. Below is a collection of a few key services the Math Assistance Center has to ensure your success in mathematics.
How Can We Help You?
Use the navigation bar at the top of the page to locate the information or resources you're looking for. For example, students should head over to the student page, which includes useful math resources and review sheets. Staff and faculty members will also find all the appropriate information on each of their respective pages.
Join Our Team
The Mathematics Assistance Center provides an opportunity for on-campus employment. By working in the MAC you will earn money to help pay for your education, sharpen your mathematical skills, make new friends and enhance your resume. Also, student employees are permitted to register for classes before other students.
How Are We Doing?
Have you visited the Math Assistance Center this semester? Click the button below to fill out a survey and let us know how we did!
LINCOLN BUILDING - ROOM 408
HOURS OF OPERATION
SPRING 2021 HOURS:
MONDAY - THURSDAY: 9 AM - 5 PM
FRIDAY: 9 AM - 3 PM
EXTENDED ONLINE-ONLY HOURS
MONDAY - THURSDAY: 5 PM - 7 PM
SUNDAY: 12 PM - 4 PM
PHONE: (330) 941-3274